Draycote Water Sailing Club is just south of Rugby, close to M1, M4 and M40.
Entries are now open please follow the link https://webcollect.org.uk/mydwsc/event/nssa-open-meeting
- Laser Radial Fleet Class racing. Laser 4.7 and Standard will sail in the Handicap Fleet.
- Topper Fleet Class racing. Toppers using the 4.2 rigs will sail in the Handicap Fleet.
- Handicap Fleet General Handicap racing (average laps). A class of more than ten boats within the Handicap Fleet will be scored separately.
- Rookie Fleet – novice sailors. Intention is a single start. There will be a separate course area and racing schedule for Rookies who will be competitors in their first season of racing who have never raced outside their own club. Classes will be restricted to a PY of 1220 and above and spinnakers may not be used (three sail PY’s will be adjusted). Outside assistance will be permitted from race officials and support boats (RRS 41 will not apply to this fleet). Entries for the Rookie fleet may be scaled down if the number and range of boats exceeds the safe control of racing areas and resources available.
- The warning signal for the first race on Saturday is 11.57. Six races are scheduled for the weekend.
Accommodation and Meals
- Caravans and campervan can be accommodated on site.
- Two Travelodge hotels within ten miles of Draycote Water Sailing Club.
- Camping - Holt Farm, Welsh Road East, Southam, Warwickshire, CV47 INJ. Tel: (01926) 812225. 10 miles away; Larkhill Farm, Oxford Rd, Princethorpe, Stretton-on-Dunsmore, Coventry CV23 9QE 01926 632920 8 miles away; Wigrams campsite Tomlow Rd, Southam CV47 8HX. 01926 810303. http://wigrams.net/campsite/ 6.4 miles away
- More information for accommodation can be found at; http://draycotewater.co.uk/open-meeting-visitor-information.
- Drinks and meals can be purchased on site.
- Sailing site visitor information can be found on the Draycote Water Sailing Club website.
- £25 for Single Handed Dinghies.
- £35 for Double Handed Dinghies.
- Entry closing date is 11th May 2018.
How to Enter
Requirements to enter this event:
- Competitors must be under 19 years of age on 31st August in the year of the event.
- Competitors must be Youth Members of NSSA.
- Competitors must have an adult to be responsible for them.
- Parents must complete the NSSA Parent/Guardian Declaration Form to be presented at Registration.
- Competitors who wish to enter as part of a team must have three members of the team and the team name must be a current member of NSSA.
Entry Forms, Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions
Entry Forms, Parent/Guardian Declaration Forms, Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions will be available on the NSSA website early in 2018.
Trophies and Prizes
- Trophies will be presented for the Laser Radial, Topper, Handicap and Rookie fleets.
- There will be a team trophy for teams of more than three boats.
Registration will open at 9.30 am on Saturday 19th May 2018.