Information about local hotel accommodation will be added in the next few days, together with information about Saturday evening meal and entertainment.
Sailing Instructions will be added before the end of August.
The 2019 single-handed team racing event will take place on the 5th and 6th October. The event will be hosted by Fairlop Outdoor activity centre. North east London. Racing will take place in teams of 3, racing toppers. Boats will be provided by the event.
The event will be sailed under the Wilson Swiss League format in topper dinghies, which are provided by the organisers. We are hoping to run in excess of hundred and fifty races during the weekend to provide plenty of competitive racing for all teams.
Accommodation, Meals and Entertainment
Entry Forms, Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions
• Entry, Accommodation and Parent/Guardian Declaration Forms will be available on the NSSA website soon.
• The Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions will be on the NSSA website later in September.
Trophies and Prizes
• The HMY Britannia Gig’s Yoke will be awarded to the winners of the Championship.
• The Lancashire Plate will be awarded to the highest placed team at the end of the Championship, who was in the lower half of the league at the end of completed rounds on Saturday, or round 5, whichever is the later.
• The Angus Westley Trophy will be awarded to the highest placed team at the end of the Championship, whose members are all under 16 years of age on the start date of the event.
• The Highest Placed Under 12 Trophy will be awarded to the highest placed team at the end of the Championship, whose members are all under 12 years of age on the start date of the event.
How to Enter
Requirements to enter a team into the event:
• Competitors must be under 18 years of age on 31st August in the year of the event.
• Competitors must be Youth Members of NSSA.
• Competitors can only enter as part of a team of three.
• Competitors must have an adult Team Manager to be responsible for the team.
• Parents must complete the NSSA Parent/Guardian Declaration Form and return to the Team Manager.
• Team Managers (male and female if male and female sailors in the team) and adult helpers must obtain Enhanced DBS clearance for NSSA, RYA or their local association before arriving at the event.
• Team Managers should submit an Entry and Accommodation Forms, Parent/Guardian Declaration Forms with full payment